Red Chilli Sichuan – Alinga street, City does Chinese (Sichuan) cuisine very well!
The popularity of Red Chilli Sichuan, with diners who would know, still testifies to it’s authenticity.
And the reputation is totally justified!
Suggested menu for six
91. Stir fried shredded duck in peking sauces that comes with 8 oddly shaped pancakes $26.50, makes a great starter for up to eight people per serve.
71. Stirfried pork in Peking Sauce and Shallots $22.50 (served with 5 pancakes, so you might need an extra)
Main Course (one serve can give up six a taste):
86. Kung pao chicken $19.50 one of my favourites and good value
48. Stir-fried eggplant and prawns in casserole $22
96. Stirfried green beans with pork mince $18 (good but fairly oily) but I think next time I’d get the popular 80. Chef special lamb slices with spicy cumin $25
Steamed rice is generous and only $2.50 per serve.
Corkage is expensive at $10 per bottle, but this is balanced by very generous serves of rice and lots of good value dishes that are well sized.
(I’ve also been told that wine by the glass serves are very generous here.)
Five dishes is a good amount for six mixed appetities and with four rice serves.
25% discount offered with the Canberra Entertainment Book up to $30.
Total cost for food $118.50 ($20) ($88.50 with the discount ($15 per person)
(Discount also applies to corkage.)
Open 7 Days
11:30 am to 2:30 pm
5:00 to 10:00 pm
Novotel Building Shop G1,
75-89 Alinga St , Canberra Australia 2601
P: (02) 6248 6288