Love mashed potato but it’s just too ‘morish’?
Why not try cauliflower mash!
Cauliflower mash can be used instead of mashed potato with a winter casserole, or spread it on top of cottage pie mixture instead of potato!
So how do you make cauliflower mash? Simple!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
• 1 small head of cauliflower
• Optional: Your choice of added flavours (eg. minced garlic, herbs)
1. Chop cauliflower head in to florets.
2. Steam or microwave until very soft.
3. Add steamed cauliflower to food processor/blender or use a hand blender, as well as any additional flavours (if desired) and blend until smooth. You may need to add a small amount of hot water to reach your desired consistency.
4. Serve with meal, on top of cottage pie or however you wish to use it!
Source: Portion Perfection facebook site