Comfort food for the cold weather, that won’t weigh you down
Love mashed potato but it’s just too ‘morish’?
Why not try cauliflower mash!
Cauliflower mash can be used instead of mashed potato with a winter casserole, or spread it on top of cottage pie mixture instead of potato!
So how do you make cauliflower mash? Simple!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
• 1 small head of cauliflower
• Optional: Your choice of added flavours (eg. minced garlic, herbs)
1. Chop cauliflower head in to florets.
2. Steam or microwave until very soft.
3. Add steamed cauliflower to food processor/blender or use a hand blender, as well as any additional flavours (if desired) and blend until smooth. You may need to add a small amount of hot water to reach your desired consistency.
4. Serve with meal, on top of cottage pie or however you wish to use it!
Source: Portion Perfection facebook site